How to Prepare for Your Technician Class
One of the first questions we often get asked is “How should I prepare for the exam?” Well if you’re familiar with the game of football, teams put together a game plan in preparation for their next opponent. Based on our years of experience in the hobby we will present to you a game plan that will provide you a great chance to pass your Technician Class License.
Purchase your textbook here: Technician Class 2010-2014
- All of the questions for your Technician Class Licensing exam come from a standard 394 Question Pool, of which only 35 will appear on your exam.
- Our class uses the Gordon West Technician Class Manual. It can be purchased online from multiple on-line vendors. We provide links to aid you in purchasing the book.
- There are many ways to obtain study information, such as the ARRL study manuals and online web sites.
How to Study or the “30 – 30 Method”
- This is a fast paced, jam-packed review class. You must study before the class to pass your licensing exam.
- Once you have your manual you should immediately get a yellow highlighter and highlight the correct answers. This will help focus you on only the correct materials.
- A WORD OF CAUTION – don’t memorize the letter as the correct answer. It is possible that the exam can rearrange what letter is next to the correct answer.
- Once you have gone through the entire book and highlighted everything you now can begin studying.
- The 30 – 30 Method:
- I recommend you take an average of 30 minutes each day for 30 days prior to the test in order to prepare for the exam.
- One thing that has remained consistent throughout all of our previous classes: Those that put in the time to prepare, passed the test.
The Day Before The Class
- At this point if you’ve studied, you are very close to passing your exam.
- Take a break today by treating yourself to a good dinner or just relaxing with something you enjoy.
- Get a good night’s rest. This is a compressed class and everything moves swiftly
Bottom line: If you spend a little time studying, you will pass the exam.